Youth Members are between the ages of 8-17 yrs old. Please check out new membership role opportunities below!
You know you need to join MYBC if:
1. You love to spend time outside.
2. You need to spend more time outside.
3. You are fascinated by all things nature.
4. You aren’t afraid to get dirty looking for bugs or other critters.
5. You like learning about what surrounds you.
6. You like helping your community.
7. Your artistic inspiration comes from nature.
8. You are curious.
9. You know things about nature your other classmates don’t or want to know things about nature your other classmates don’t.
10. You are looking for a community of people that love being outside as much as you do!
What does it mean to become a member of the MYBC?
In addition to the opportunity to enjoy fun activities and birds with your peers, there are other benefits to becoming a youth member (ages 8-17) of the Missouri Young Birders Club.
- A brand new Sibley’s Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America!
- Direct involvement in a variety of club decisions
- Opportunities to participate in the conservation of Missouri’s wildlife and their habitats
Membership Cost: $10
Mentee: These members are typically between the ages of 8-11 or the younger members of the group who are eager to learn more about birds and nature, share their experiences and have fun!
Leader: These members are typically between the ages of 11-14, but can be any age. These members want to take on more of a leadership role within the club, but don’t quite yet have the birding experience to be mentors.
Mentor: These members are typically between the ages of 14-17 or the older members of the group who have some experience with bird identification and a desire to be leaders within the Missouri Young Birders community.
How to Become a Member!
By Mail or Email
Please fill out the form below and send to:
PO Box 16
Arrow Rock, MO 65320
The form will also ask if you have read the ABA Code of Ethics which can be found here: